More about Lifestyles Design
Founded 9 years ago by Patricia Nunan, CKBR, CKD, CAPS, Lifestyles Design is one of the leading experts in the field of Universal and Age-in-Place design. This is a unique area of home design and renovation that focuses on helping people of all ages and physical abilities live independently in their own homes – for as long as they choose.With over ten years experience in this highly specialized field, Patricia is the region’s foremost authority on Universal and Age-in-Place design. She leads a team of talented professionals all committed to providing excellent service and quality to our clients.
Lifestyles Design is:
- The area’s most experienced consulting & design firm specializing in home modifications and home safety for persons living with a disability, the elderly, and families that have special needs.
- A full service firm, offering both design and consultation for construction services as well as assistive technology products.
- An award-winning designer, honored by the National Association of the Remodeling Industries
- A compassionate advocate of the disabled, with extensive experience in handicapped-accessible design.
Recent Awards & Distinctions
2011 - Lifestyles Design Wins NARI CoTy Award for Kitchen Design
2010 - Lifestyles Design Wins NARI Meritorious Award for Universal Design
2009 Meritorious, Kitchens $60,000 - $100,000
2008 Universal Design, Regional Contractor of the Year (NARI)
2008 Silver Best of the Best in Design, Kitchens over $150,000.00, Professional Remodeler Magazine
2008 Contractor of the Year (National Association of the Remodeling Industry - NARI), Kitchens over $150,000.00
2008 Regional Contractor Of the Year, Interior Specialty
2008 Interior Specialties, Regional Contractor of the Year (NARI)
2008 Inducted into the Alumni Hall of Fame, Montgomery County Community College, PA
2007 Regional Contractor of the Year for Kitchen design, over $100,000.00 and Residential Bath $30,000.00-$60,000.00
2006 Contractor of the Year, kitchens $60,000.00- $100.000.00
2004 Contractor Of the Year, Kitchen $30,000.00- $60,000.00
PROUD MEMBER OF:
- Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler (NARI)
- Certified Kitchen Designer (NKBA)
- Certified Age-In-Place Specialist (CAPS) National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Accessibility Inspector & Plans Examiner, International Code Council (ICC)
- Past President of the BucksMont chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industries (NARI)
- VP Legistative Affairs of the Mid Atlantic chapter of the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA)
- Founding board member of the Lehigh Valley Age in Place Coalition
- Founding member and continuing contributor of the Women Owned Business Certificate Series at Montgomery County Community College
- Advisor to the Lehigh Carbon Technical Institute where the first Universal Design home in the country was designed & built by high school students
- Participant in the National Association of Home Builders-Research Center certification program
- Provider of training modules used in the Certified Age in Place Specialist (CAPS) training program nationwide
- Past chair of the Montgomery County Community College Board of Directors, Alumni Association.
- Committee member, New Hanover Township Open Space Committee
Patricia has her degree in Fine Arts from Montgomery County Community College, Blue Bell, PA, and settled in design and consulting because of her love of houses.
“I really like the challenge of making things fit together,” she explains. “I loved putting puzzles together as a kid and I still do it, it’s just that the pieces are bigger now. I have been in or around the business my whole life. My grandfather was a construction supervisor and something was always under construction as I was growing up. I can relate to the customer who has trepidations about taking on a remodeling project. I have been living in the same house for 37 years and added three additions and remodeled the kitchen twice. I’ve lived in the mess of construction. I remodeled my kitchen when my daughter was just a year old – and I’ll do it again. Life changes. Now I want to make my kitchen and other areas of my home ready for the next adventures of my family’s life. I want to be able to make the choice to age in my home if I choose to do so.”
612 Erb Road | Perkiomenville, PA 18074 | ph: 610.754.1444